Friday, August 30, 2019

My Week Without DFI

My Week without a DFI...

Well, no DFI last Friday and I certainly have FOMO! And a substantial dread of what I now have to catch-up with in my (haha) spare time! Regardless, it shall be done... somehow!
I spent some time this week playing with my class ipads and the Explain Everything app. I am trying to sort out in my brain (and this is NO MEAN FEAT!) how to better utilise them while at the same time having the learning on them differentiated.






 Differentiated seems to be the buzz word in my staff room right now!


A few of my whanau are asking how they are being utilised within the learning and I am confident in addressing their queries at this stage, however I do need to be more proactive and to be making resources that fit the needs of my learners. 

The other issue I have just now is that it is not one or two clicks for the students to get to their work. Seems to be an entire pathway (slight exaggeration!) before they get to it and saving it in their drive...well that is a whole new blog post! 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cathy,
    I know that while you have mentioned some areas you feel you are not doing as well as you could, I do want to remind you that you have come a long way, as have your learners.
    You do have a class site with visible learning. Learners are getting to be more confident in using the ipads and the fact what they can do is limited just means you are embedding what they do know. Sure and steady.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, you are right. At times we forget how far we have come and what our students are now capable of doing!

      Delete